Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ouch


So yesterdays daycare was marred by an unfortunate incident. E was laying down on the floor sucking his fingers (dont get me started on how he's too old for this and how he should be potty-trained...we aint going there) - and P walked over and decided she needed some attention so she took what was handy (a monster truck I believe) and smacked E in the face with it...hard. Well, thus ensued a sob-fest from both E and P. From E because obviously it hurt and from P because she couldn't understand why her best friend was crying so hard. It was funny, I was holding both of them on my lap and comforting them both and then I made them hug-it-out and P was obviously apologetic. :) It was, quite the interesting moment in CDC (that's Cousins Day Care for the uninitiated).

On to today - it is day #3 with S home sick. I use the term sick very loosely since apparently the only indication that he's sick is a fever that hits at random times and a cough. Hoping that this afternoon brings a fever free S so I can send him back to school (where I NEED him to be) tomorrow. If for no other reason, having S home is always a good reminder of why 3 children is ENOUGH for me. I feel like with 3 kids around I am following behind wherever they go and cleaning...any more than that might bring me to the threshold of what I can handle. I mean, imagine me standing on the edge of the cliff of insanity right now - everyday I look over the edge and I don't jump...having 4 kids - well I might jump lol.

Anyway, P has developed a cough now so we are praying that it doesn't turn into the dreaded strep virus but it kind of feels inevitable at this point. Time will tell and I shall keep you all informed - exciting information I know but what else do I have to do??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment